Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Internet Search Continues...

I seem to spend hours a day on the internet now. Looking...looking...looking for??? Hopefully, I will find that ??? soon. I am trying to determine how I can use my technical skills and experiences to help the aging baby boomers in this "internet" age. I have come to take my technical skills for granted and don't always grasp how difficult and scary the internet can be to people. I do know one thing about the internet - information overload. There is so much information on everything and anything....blogging, videos, forums, news. It can be so much to try and take in for a newbie.

And then there is my 4-year-old granddaughter - she can login to her dad's laptop and pull up and play the various games, she knows how to operate the DirecTV remote to record and replay her favorite cartoon shows and she has a Nintendo DS which you cannot pry from her tiny little hands. What do you suppose is in store for her technology future?? Should be interesting.

1 comment:

Wavecritter said...

I Know! How exciting for the youth or today, they are little whizzes with technology :)